Applications now closed. Next round of funding opens mid-2020.
Please contact us directly to discuss your proposal via [email protected]
Artists and arts practitioners working across any arts disciplines can apply for Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding.
Projects coinciding with cultural events like Cultural Diversity Week or Reconciliation Week are highly encouraged. So too projects in public spaces like paste ups, public performances, and the extension of any existing arts projects.
Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding aims to provide a supportive and collaborative platform. We partner with artists in art programs and projects that benefit the Brimbank community.
Artists from greater Melbourne and across Victoria are eligible as long as the project is within Brimbank. Up to $2000 of funding is available for each project.
Applications close Monday 9 March at 5pm
Read the Art Spaces Activation Partnership Expression of Interest Guidelines before applying
For further information contact the Art Spaces Officer at [email protected] or 9249 4397
The Arts & Culture team at Brimbank City Council aim to cultivate a vibrant and creative Brimbank, making arts and culture a vital part of the lives of the citizens of Brimbank. We achieve this by supporting and valuing artists and engaging the community in arts and cultural activities.
Expressions of Interest are invited for Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding for artists and arts practitioners working across any arts disciplines (visual, literary, performing, media). Projects coinciding with cultural events (e.g. Cultural Diversity Week, Reconciliation Week) are highly encouraged as are ephemeral art projects in public places (e.g. paste-ups), public performances and extension of existing art projects.
Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding (previously Artist Seeding Grants) aims to provide a supportive and collaborative platform where artists can partner with Council in art programs and projects that benefit the Brimbank community. Up to $2000 of funding is available for art projects aimed at engaging the community of Brimbank.
If you are successful, a Funding Agreement which outlines the conditions of your grant will be sent to you. You will be required to sign and return two copies of a Funding Agreement. You will also be required to provide a copy of account number and name as all payments will be made by electronic transfer.
Every recipient is required to submit an Acquittal Form and financial report within 2 months of completion of the project. Throughout the project you will be required to keep accurate, up-to-date records in relation to the project including, but not limited to, itemised receipts issued when funding is spent and relevant bank account records to submit as part of the acquittal process.
• Have Public Liability Insurance (PLI) or have the ability to obtain PLI
• Project activities take place within the Brimbank boundary or provide benefits to the Brimbank community
• Applicants must have fully acquitted previous grants and have no outstanding debts to the Brimbank City Council
• Applications must comply with the guidelines, conditions and criteria
• Applicant must be able to provide an invoice, verifiable banking details and acquittal form
• Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or a ‘Statement by a Supplier’ (Statement by a Supplier forms are available from the Australian Tax Office).
Expressions of Interest will be assessed by a panel comprised of Council representatives including Brimbank City Council’s Arts and Cultural Development Unit. Applications will be shortlisted according to the Selection Criteria. Shortlisted applicants may be invited to meet with the selection panel. All applicants will be notified of the outcome in writing.
• Project reflects and strengthens Brimbank’s identity
• Innovative approach to the art form and presentation of the proposed project, activity, event
• Artistic and cultural merit
Description of Activities
• Development of activities which engage the community in the arts activities, preferable with a CCD framework
• The potential to engage people in creative activities
• Energy and enthusiasm
• Artists from within Brimbank and the Western Region are encouraged to apply
• Financial viability and sound management
• Evidence the project is well planned and achievable within the proposed timeline
• Activities that engage one or more priority groups, for example, the Indigenous community, people who are socially disadvantaged, people with a disability, alighted with the vision in Council’s Social Justice Charter, will be highly regarded.
Applicants should include the following material in support of their application:
No more than 12 images presented as slides, photographs, on disk in jpg form, or as hard copy exhibition flyer/catalogue. New media artists may choose to identify an appropriate website that displays their work
A recoding on CD, DVD, USB or website. If the device has multiple tracks please nominate the tracks to which the Selection Panel should listen.
Two copies of up to two manuscripts. Total maximum 30 pages each.
Performer/ Choreographer/ Theatre Maker
A DVD or video with footage of 15 minutes or less OR 10 images presented as slides, photographs, on disk or flyer/catalogue and the option of up to 3 pages of written material.
NB All audio-visual materials should be self-playable and recorded in a format that is universal. You should not rely on the Committee to have particular software required to view your support material. Applications that do not have the required support material will not be accepted.
1. Completed Application Form
2. Attached Artist CV (max 1 A4 page)
3. Relevant Support Material (10MB maximum)
You are encouraged to discuss your project proposal with the Art Spaces Officer or Visual and Public Art officer before submitting your Expression of Interest.
Expressions of Interest can be sent to:
Attention: Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding
St Albans Community Centre
33 Princess Street
St Albans VIC 3021
Or by email to [email protected]
Please note emailed applications must be less than 10MB in total.
For further information or to discuss the application process, please contact:
Art Spaces Officer Visual
(03) 9249 4397
Visual and Public Art Officer
(03) 9249 4612
St Albans Community Centre
33 Princess Street, St Albans Vic 3021
03 9249 4600